From humble beginnings with Blue Sky to Freeosk’s go-to guy, Ryan has seen and done a lot in his 10 years with the company. We asked him to reflect on the past decade and share some of the highlights from his time so far at Freeosk, here’s what he had to say…
What are some of your favorite memories from your time at Freeosk over the past 10 years?
- The time I got pranked when some co-workers individually gift wrapped everything on my desk.
- Friday Lunches – When we were about 10 people, every Friday we would order lunch and eat in the boardroom together while going around the table giving “Highs/Lows” for the week. If you didn’t have a low you had to tell an embarrassing story of yourself.
- Competition – Between random Nerf battles in the office to “Competition Christmas” we’ve always found a way to make the most mundane days in the office fun and never take ourselves too seriously.
If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice at the start of your time at Freeosk, what would it be?
- Don’t be afraid to speak up and share ideas and insights you may have. Early on I thought anything I shared internally needed to be a completely thought-out, vetted idea, but just a conversation starter or subtle idea can lead others to build on and run with.
Describe what Freeosk means to you, on a personal level, in 15 words or less?
- Freeosk is where I met my wife!
Ryan, from all of us at Freeosk, thank you for everything! Happy Freeoskiversary!